Thursday, August 18, 2011

First Day Facts

Yesterday was my first day in a new grade at a new school.  Overall it went great, but we do have a few kinks to work out before we get things down to a good routine.  Just thought I would share a few fun facts.

1.  Second graders are MUCH, MUCH smaller than 5th graders.
2.  Second graders LOVE to give hugs and hold their teacher's hand.
3.  Lots of second graders begin school missing their front teeth!
4.  School supplies are overwhelming to students and teachers!  I spent an hour and a half organizing them yesterday after school, but I am SO thankful to have them!
5.  Going up and down stairs 50 times a day will make me skinny by the end of the year - and not being able to eat my lunch completely will too!
6. Second grade has a hard time finishing lunch in the allotted time.
7. The things I plan for the first day always take double the time!
8. Excited to go back today!

No comments:

Post a Comment