Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cue the Hallelujah Chorus!

One of the most dreaded moments in an elementary classroom occurs when the clock hands inch toward recess and outside of the window there is a torrential downpour happening.  Rainy Dy Recess is torture on even the best teachers.  Students whine and complain, blame the teacher for no recess, have difficulty focusing for the rest of the day because they didn't get the wiggles out, etc.  Up until recently I joined the throngs of teachers who dreaded the rain too. But, I found something that works.

A few weeks ago I stumbled across Adventure to Fitness on Pinterest while searching for activities to complete for Black History Month.  The two are not related, but this came up in my search. It has been a LIFE SAVER!  Did you hear me??? A LIFE SAVER!!! The first time my kiddos enjoyed this I think the angels began singing the Hallelujah Chorus - at least I did.  There was complete silence the entire time!

Here's a teaser!

Mr. Marc takes kids on a 30 minute adventure to outrageous places all while incorporating physical fitness.  All of the activities can be completed in the classroom in the student's personal space.  Students run, hop, jump, dodge, squat, etc. in order to be Mr. Laze' (He's French).

So far, my students have traveled to Greece and learned about the Olympics while getting fit, experienced life in the Big Apple, and explored the Australian Outback.  Each week, a new adventure is posted for students to experience.  Teachers can also access previous adventures - there are a TON!

My students beg for this just to get our brains kickstarted in the morning.  We do 10 minutes in the morning, 10 in the middle of the day, and 10 during dismissal.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, it is absolutely, 100% FREE!!!

Disclaimer:  I was not paid for this review.  It is 100% mine completely. Adventure to Fitness does not even know that I exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment