Saturday, August 14, 2010

2010-11 Classroom Photos





My dear friend, Laura Sorochak, introduced me to Erik Jensen's work when we both moved to our school 4 years ago. Somewhere in his work and in our conversation we discussed how a brain under stress cannot learn. In the past 3 years, I've worked tirelessly to provide a comfortable environment for my students to learn in without stress. My Teacher of the Year video allowed me to share this with LOTS of people. In my video I talked about how my students come to school and kick their shoes off, find a comfortable spot - which may or may not be at a table - eat whenever they are hungry, drink water when they need it, and approach learning stress free. Here are a few pictures of what our classroom looks like this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment